The LAX airport, or the Los Angeles International Airport, was originally named Mines Field and was a general aviation base during World War II. LAX is located in none other that Los Angeles, California. It is ranked as the fifth busiest passenger airport in the entire world. It also is ranked sixth for the world in carrying cargo. Even if you never travel through LAX, (although chances are good that you will) you may find the following facts and information interesting and fun.
Fun And Interesting Facts About The LAX Airport:
1. There are more than 50 million people who travel into or out of LAX every year. But, not only people travel through. An additional 2 million tons of cargo passes through this airport every year as well.
2. The LAX airport employs over 59,000 people to get you and your luggage safely and comfortably to your destination.
3. A U-shaped road with two levels connects the 9 terminals at this airport.
4. The airport has four parallel runways and a 277 foot control tower. The original control tower was only 172 feet tall.
5. LAX has the only Coast Guard Air Station located right on the premises. They provide 24-hour service to the passengers and employees of the LAX airport.
6. One unusual feature is the Encounters restaurant, which is located in the Central Terminal and is 70 feet above the ground. It is a space-themed restaurant and has an observation deck that is located on the roof of the LAX airport.
7. Worried about parking? The airport has over 21,000 parking spaces at the terminal including long and short term parking and the outdoor economy lots.
8. Transportation to and from the LAX airport and its vicinity is simple with shuttle buses, taxis, rental cars, the airport and public buses and even light rail.
9. While many airports today are located on the outskirts of town LAX is located on 3,425 acres right in the heart of Los Angeles.
10. How many airports do you know that have their own song? LAX airport has a song that was written by Leann Scott and performed by David Frizzel in 1970 called LA International Airport. Then, in 1971 Susan Raye, a famous country singer redid the song and it shot to number 9 on the country charts and 54 on the pop chart. Just recently, in celebration of the 75th anniversary of the LAX airport, it was sung again by Susan Raye and then it was given new lyrics by Leann Scott and sung again by Shirley Myers.
11. The Los Angeles International Airport also supports the public arts programs of the community. Right at the entrance of the airport are 100 foot high pylons and 32 foot high letters that spell out LAX. This is the work of the artist Paul Tzanetopoulos. There is also a program at LAX airport which allows high school students from the area to display their works in the airport in a revolving display. The students not only gain some notoriety and recognition, but they also can get university credit for participating.
12. You can also find all of the typical airport services at LAX. You will find bookshops and restaurants, lost and found, shoe shine stations, baggage storage, banking machines, and first aid stations.
Your trip to (or through) Los Angeles International airport can be enjoyable and relaxing if you know what is available to you. The airport is working to become more easily accessible and passenger friendly. To get you in the mood for your trip, take a listen to the theme song. You can find it online.
A-PVP is sold as powder,crystals or tablets and you can buy it even right now.It can be sniffed,taken orally,dissolved into solution and injected http://www.qualityresearchchemical.com/en/42-buy-a-pvp-crystal-research-chemical-100g.html buy A-PVP tablets,buy U47700 powder,buy Carfentanil powder online,buy Research Chemicals Buy high quality A-PVP(crystal) for sale online.wholesale with attractive price. one of the biggest research chemical suppliers from qualityresearchchemical.com,A-PVP is short-lasting pyrovalerone-type stimulant which became popular